Analysis of Wind Power Costs in Japan
Wind power should be a cornerstone of a sustainable energy system. In Japan, however, the cost of wind power generation is higher than observed globally, and it is a significant and immediate issue to improve the economic efficiency of wind power generation.
To this end, this report analyzes actual cost data offered by wind power developers to clarify the current cost structure of wind power generation in Japan and identify key factors affecting such cost structure. It aims to advance suggestions on how to reduce wind power costs, to enable wind to become a key power source in Japan.
View original report in Japanese (Published in June 2017)
＜Table of Contents＞
1. Wind power costs across the world
2. Relevance of data collected
3. Analysis of investment costs
4. Analysis of wind turbine costs
5. Analysis of civil engineering and electrical work costs
6. Analysis of operation and maintenance costs
7. Analysis of the actual amount of electricity generation
8. Conclusions and themes for further research