Renewable Energy Institute, in cooperation with leading domestic thinktanks, held a symposium on the theme of electricity generation, energy and industry structures looking ahead to the Japanese society in 2050. As the government is now formulating a long-term strategy based on the Paris Agreement, the organizers hope that the outcomes and discussions of this symposium will contribute to the development of energy policies in Japan.
Keynote 1: Innovation Toward a Decarbonized Society －New Vision 2050
Report 1: Society of 2050 Toward Zero Carbon Emissions－Industry, Energy, Power generation
|Panel Discussion: Roadmap to Society in 2050
[Moderator] Mika Ohbayashi, Director, Renewable Energy Institute
- Kazumasa Iwata, President, Japan Center for Economic Research DL (in Japanese)
- Hiroshi Komiyama, Director-General, Center for Low Carbon Society Strategy (LCS) / Chairman of the Institute of Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.
- Nobuo Tanaka, Chairman, The Sasakawa Peace Foundation /Former Executive Director, International Energy Agency DL (in Japanese)
- Atsushi Nakajima, Chairman of Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI)
- Hikaru Hiranuma, Research Fellow, The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research DL (in Japanese)
|Date & Time||Wednesday, 6 February 2019 14:00 - 17:30|
|Venue||International Conference Hall, The Sasakawa Peace Foundation|
|Organizer||Renewable Energy Institute|
|In Cooperation with||Center for Low Carbon Society Strategy, Japan Science and Technology Agency
The Sasakawa Peace Foundation