Renewable Energy Institute releases today "Battery Storage to Efficiently Achieve Renewable Energy Integration".
The growths of solar and wind power are explosive. Since the outputs of these two technologies fluctuate depending on weather conditions, additional clean energy technologies should also be rapidly deployed to ensure the continuous quality of power supply.
Among these additional technologies, batteries are promising innovative solutions expanding particularly quickly. This is a decisive advantage given the urgency to accelerate efforts towards carbon neutrality and mitigate the negative impacts of the current global energy crisis.
The report first presents the role of battery storage in a solar and wind power future. It then focuses on their economic competitiveness, technological progress, and supporting policies. Finally, it covers the concentrations of critical minerals and manufacturing capacity.
Chapter 1: Role of Battery Storage in a Solar and Wind Power Future
2) The Four Major Applications of Batteries
3) Seven Illustrative Battery Projects
2) Dramatic Cost Reduction and Competitiveness in the Power Sector
2) Long-Duration Energy Storage Lagging
4) Investment Tax Credit
6) Market Design
7) RE Certificate Multiplier
8) Time-of-use discounted rate
2) Solutions from Europe, the United States and Japan